1. Spinach- Spinach is rich in iron and it contains sebum, which acts as a natural conditioner for hair. The leafy green also provides omega-3 acids, magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron. All help keep hair lustrous, shiny and silky.
2. Lean Poultry- Protein is not only essential to maintain healthy muscle, but also promotes healhthy hair growth. Without enough protein, your hair and muscle will enter into an inactive phase. However, stick to lean poultry like chicken and fish as they have less saturated fat.
3. Salmon- Salmon is rich in protein and omega-3 acids which nurtures your hair and enables the body to process insulin more effectively as hair loss is always associated with insulin resistance.
4. Cinnamon- Other than being a sweet addition to deserts and bakery, cinnamon can be a natural companion in combating hair loss by being an oxygen provider to your scalp circulation.
5. Oatmeals- Oats contains all the healthy nutrients such as iron, fiber, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acid which is not only good for your hair but also your general wellbeing.
6. Guava- Guava will provide rich vitamin C, even richer than orange which boost your immune system and raises your vitality and when your body is healthy, so does your hair.
7. Eggs- A common knowledge, egg is another rich source of protein but egg contains more significant type of B vitamin called Biotin, which is one of the most important nutrients to aid healthy hair and nail growth.
8. Barley- Barley is a good source of vitamin E which is an effective antioxidant and protects the skin cells from the damaging UV light. Other than your complexion, your scalp can benefit from it too and healthy scalp means healthy hair.
9. Nuts and seeds- These nuts contain healthy oil that contributes to the elasticity of the skin as well as the hair. This will reduce hair breakage and also wrinkles on your skin.
10. Sweet Potatos- Sweet potatos along with carrots and pumpkin contains beta carotene which reacts with your scalp to produce sebum, an oily fluid that nurtures strong and elastic hairs.